By reading this blog, you have already answered the first and most important question – do you actually need to hire a Private Investigator in Queens? If you really felt that you had already done everything necessary to handle your situation, you would not be reading this.
Hiring a Private Investigator in Queens, NY means that you need an expert to help you in a situation that you are not happy with. It could be a cheating spouse situation. You could have a missing person or loved one that you wish to find. You may need surveillance on a former employee claiming injury. These are just a few of the situations that call for not just a Private Investigator, but a great Private Investigator from Investigreat.
Now that you know what you want, here are some questions to ask a prospective PI.
- Is the Private Investigator licensed? This is the first thing you need to confirm before you sign a contract. If the PI is not licensed, it could cause you to lose a case if it goes to court. The information that you need to obtain needs to be done legally in order to hold up in court. This is why you need to make sure that the PI is licensed.
- Is the Private Investigator experienced? You need to make sure that the PI you hire knows what they are doing. You don’t want to hire someone that only works on Long Island when you need someone in, say, South Ozone Park. They need to know how to blend in enough to make the witnesses comfortable enough to get the information that you need. They need to know how to follow someone and not get noticed and ruin the case. They need to know when to let the person go in order not to burn it and therefore be able to continue on instead of ruining your chances of success. That only comes with experienced, trained professionals who have worked for many, many years and more importantly, have worked in your area.
- Is the Private Investigator insured? This is almost as important as experience. In order to have peace of mind, you need to make sure that they are insured. This protects both you and the PI in case of any adverse circumstances.
- Is the Private Investigative Firm diversified enough to handle your situation? One of the most important skills a PI needs is the knack of blending into any situation and appear to almost disappear into the crowd. You do not want a PI that is too noticeable. For example, you don’t want to send someone into a bar in Astoria that is obviously not from that area. You want someone who fits in with the situation. You wouldn’t send a 70 year old man into a college bar, for example, to make sure your daughter isn’t sneaking off with the guy you forbid her to date.
- Is the Private Investigator familiar with your area? This is very important. You want someone who really knows the area well, especially when handling surveillance. They need to know the difference between Queens Village and Howard Beach. You want someone who is familiar with the streets and knows how to get around. They should know the shortcuts and the side roads. This can make all the difference when following someone.
- Is the Private Investigative firm responsive to your needs? If you are in a position where you need to hire a PI, chances are you are in a situation where compassion and understanding are needed. You need to work with someone that understands this, that cares. You need someone that will work with you and keep you in the loop along the way. A PI that will go the extra mile to try and help you get the answers you need. You need to find a PI that treats you like a person and not just a case.
One of the main reasons to hire a Private Investigator is that you need someone that is objective to help you find the answers you need. All too many times we see people that try to do it themselves, but the case is ruined because they let their emotions get in the way. Then they need to come to us so we can go back and fix what has been done the wrong way. We have experience in this area way too much.
We are happy to help you in this situation, however, it would have been much easier had the person just come to us initially before the case was burnt. We have the experience, knowledge and the objectivity to work your case the right way from the beginning. That is what a great PI will do for you. That is what the Private Investigators at Investigreat are all about.
If you’re looking for an experienced private investigator in Queens NY, call us today at 718-412-1845