Glad you asked. It has been a busy time for Investigreat. We have been so busy that we have only written one blog since March 2021 and we have a lot to talk about. This is also our 31st article. We are very happy to state that. Thank you to all of you for your well wishes. We appreciate that. We also want to say that in this time period we were voted the #12 Private Investigative Firm in the World by Starter Story. What an honor! We are really proud that we not only made the list but ranked so high on it. In addition to this we received our 21st 5-Star Google review. WOW! The good times keep coming for us. We haven’t even gotten to the really big news yet – the reason we have gone mostly “radio silent” as far as blogging is…we are excited to announce that we have been working on and just completed our new website and we are now ready to present it. Check it out at www.myinvestigreat.com and see all the cool new features. Just like in life, it is always a work in progress, but we are still pretty happy with it at this point. (Shout out to our amazing SEO guy for all his hard work – and putting up with us in this very involved process! You rock!)
Along the same lines as the forgotten months, let’s talk about the “forgotten borough” of New York City…
Staten Island is the borough that nobody talks about. That’s not right. It is a great borough. It’s kind of like a suburb within the city. It is a great place to raise a family and/or buy a house. There are great parks – I recently did surveillance on Staten Island and saw a bunch of actual turkeys! Yes, TURKEYS! Where else in NYC can you expect to see flocks of these big birds running around? There was actually a situation back around 2000 when a bunch of wild turkeys were so out of control that they had to capture them and bring them to an animal sanctuary in upstate NY to get rid of them. (Personally, I think they should have just waited until Thanksgiving and they could have served them at the homeless shelters in Manhattan, but then what do I know).
But there is a lot more to Staten Island than just turkeys – a lot more. I recently started doing some research on this amazing island and came across an article by Annalise Mantz back in 2017 called “13 Strange Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Staten Island” and I have to admit, other than running into (no not literally) a bunch of turkeys one afternoon, I did not know most of these facts. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Did you know that at the time of this article, Staten Island was the wealthiest borough based on income? It actually beat Manhattan by $326 per person. Go figure.
- Did you know that it is the least populated of all the boroughs? That did not really surprise me, as there are over 170 parks on Staten Island.
- The ferry, which is free, used to cost 50 cents to ride. They finally stopped charging in 1997. So if you feel like taking a cruise on a hot summer day to cool off, head to the ferry.
- There is a famous Tibetan Art museum there. Which kind of makes up for the old desolate farm colony that was abandoned in the 1970’s. Staten Island actually has some of the oldest buildings in NYC. Some date as far back as the 1700’s!
- Did you know that Staten Island once voted to break away from NYC altogether? They were fed up with being “forgotten”. Can’t say I blame them. I once was given a poster with all the boroughs on it – then I realized that Staten Island wasn’t on it. I would have chucked it just on the principal, but it was a gift from my wife, so…
- It once housed the biggest landfill in the world, but it has now been converted into a public park, although it is only being opened in parts. It will eventually be completed by around 2036 according to this article.
With all the amazing parts of Staten Island, how could anyone forget that they are part of NYC? I for one plan to celebrate them by branching out to include them more. We are expanding our business to include more cases in Staten Island and plan to bring in much more business from the borough, so if you are in need of infidelity surveillance in Tompkinsville, or a person search in Stapleton, or even a child custody situation in Tottenville, we want to be the one for you to call. So when you find yourself in need of a Private Investigator, don’t hire some turkey, hire us!
So from the “forgotten months” to the “forgotten borough”, don’t forget to give us a call or send us a text when you need the best PI in Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx, Long Island, or Connecticut. We look forward to hearing from you.
Investigreat, LLC is a recognized full service Private Investigation Agency that is fully licensed, insured and bonded with offices in Jamaica, Long Island City and Connecticut. We handle cases in Queens NY, Brooklyn NY, the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island NY, Long Island NY and all of Connecticut. Adam Dornfeld, along with his wife Terri, have been working cases from missing persons and surveillance to worker’s compensation and all general investigation services, together since 1992.
Investigreat LLC | Private Investigators serving Jamaica NY, Staten Island NY, Long Island City NY, Brooklyn NY, Queens NY, Bronx NY, Manhattan, Westchester County NY, Long Island NY and all of Connecticut.
Connecticut Office: 860-899-1710 | New York Office: 718-412-1845 | Text: 718-309-1269