So you have found yourself in the position of needing the assistance of a Private Investigator, but you are not sure where to start. First of all, you have my sympathies for being put into that situation in the first place. Now you are sitting at your computer (or on your phone) looking through countless advertisements for Private Investigators and have no idea how to start. It can certainly be overwhelming to choose the right person for your needs. Hopefully, reading this blog it will help you to make an educated decision.
When looking for a Private Investigator, first and foremost I would like to stress to you not to go with a national firm. While they may look impressive at first glance, they are not specialists in every area they serve. There is just no way for one giant corporation to know how to handle a case in Eastchester as well as say San Francisco, California. It’s just not feasible. What you want is a person that is from not too far away that has a lot of experience and can get the job done well. Someone that may not necessarily have an office on your block, but rather one that is an hour or two away. This in itself is a bonus. Say, for example, that you and your spouse are having some marital problems and you suspect that he or she may be unfaithful. You don’t want to pick someone in your town or general area for two main reasons:
- If you are in a “close-knit” community, you don’t need everyone to know your business. In a case like this, you need someone that no one knows and that does not already know you or your spouse. Otherwise, you will be the talk of the town within minutes. “Did you hear about so-and-so? They just hired Hank down the street to do surveillance on their spouse. The spouse is cheating with “fill in the blank”. Nobody needs that! You have enough stress over the situation already.
- If the local “hens” know about it, then chances are that your spouse will too and that is NOT what you want. Once your spouse gets wind that you hired a detective, they will stop immediately and make it look like nothing is happening. Then it will be weeks or months until they start to wander again and that will waste time and money. Now you are stuck waiting for who knows how long until they wander again, and trust me, they will because, from my experience, it is a very rare case where it is a “one and done” situation with cheaters.
So, now you may say to yourself, “Good point, but why a Queens PI?” Good question. Allow me to explain why it would be an excellent move on your part:
- The chances of anyone in your area knowing us is probably slim to none. While we do in fact have a work history in the Westchester area, we do not LIVE in the Westchester area, nor do we have a brick and mortar office in the area. Therefore, no one would know us. The last thing you need when paying for surveillance in Port Chester is someone walking up to the car that recognizes us to say “Hey Terri! How’s it going? What are you doing over here by the Capitol Theatre? I didn’t know you were into the “fill in the blank” band!” Not exactly what you need to draw attention to your cheater as they pull in for a no longer secret meet-up.
- When you hire someone that is rated at the top in Queens, NY, you now have an incredible edge over anyone that works solely in Westchester County. Let me paint the picture for you: picture yourself sitting on Jamaica Avenue in Queens, on a Saturday afternoon. All you see are thousands of people zooming in and out on foot or by car. There are countless multi-family dwellings and multi-floor apartment complexes as well as stores, cars, buses, and taxis everywhere all in a hurry to get someplace. When you go with someone that is rated #1 in Queens, you are hiring someone that has proven themselves among the best (if not the best) in the business in an area that is probably one of the most difficult to do surveillance in. They are “the big leagues.” They are the “A-Rod” of investigating. Now put that same person in Mamaroneck. If they can follow a person in Jamaica, they can practically do it blindfolded in Mamaroneck. We will have no problem following someone who lives on Prospect Avenue up the hill to the American Legion Hall to see if they jump into someone else’s car and take off to Dobbs Ferry for a little “alone time.”
- When you hire someone that is used to having to identify a person in an area with thousands of people, cars, and methods of transportation and put them in, say Yorktown Heights, we will be able to pick them out without a problem – even if they are at the Yorktown Grange Fair at peak time. If they are there, we will find them and report back with the answers to your question of “where do they go when they say they are visiting a sick friend.” Our answer would be “Unless they are riding the Ferris Wheel with that sick friend at the fair, I believe they may be lying to you.”
- A PI from Queens can handle the traffic, the parking, etc. which would cause most people to curl up in a ball after an hour in rush hour traffic and still be laser-focused. So following someone around at Westchester County Airport will be a breeze. We’ve done it before with great results and will continue to do so in the future. After all, when you are used to having to follow the subject, who is taking a bus to the subway into Manhattan, you can be assured we can follow someone by car to go shopping at the Vernon Hills Shopping Mall.
You see, when you hire someone with winning experience in Queens NY to do a case pretty much anywhere in Westchester County, you are assured that you are putting someone on the job that can easily handle it. It would be like putting in a major league baseball pitcher on your recreation league baseball team. I’m not a probability expert, but I think it’s pretty much a guarantee that your team is going to win. I know I would certainly bet on that one. The same goes for hiring someone like us to handle your case. While it may seem like using someone from your area is a good idea, it is not the ideal choice. The best chance you have of having a successful outcome on your case, whether it is a cheating surveillance, a worker’s comp situation, or even a child custody issue, is to go with someone that has a proven track record in the big leagues to do the work. The best results come from the best producers in the toughest situations. We can handle your case and get you the answers you need. Why not give us a call?
Investigreat, LLC is a recognized full service Private Investigation Agency that is fully licensed, insured and bonded, handling cases all over Connecticut as well as Queens NY, Brooklyn NY, Bronx NY, New York City, Staten Island and Long Island NY. Terri, along with her husband Adam have been working cases for Legal Teams, Insurance Companies, Private Businesses, Municipalities, School Systems and general investigation services for the public since 1992.
Investigreat, LLC | Private Investigators serving Connecticut, Long Island City, Jamaica NY, Brooklyn NY and Queens NY | Office Numbers: 860-899-1710 or 718-412-1845 | Text: 718-309-1269